Take Pride in the Profession
Member Benefits and Opportunities
- Medical Bridge Newsletter - Published monthly, this newsletter is a brief account of news and educational articles directly related to issues in the health care field today. Subscription required.
- Membership Benefits - As a certified member you will receive:
- A national membership certificate
- An official NAHP identification card
- Legislative Monitoring - The NAHP works to protect the individual's right to practice as a health care professional.
- Student Chapters in the Private Career Schools - Student chapters may be formed, organized, and autonomously governed by the school and the students that form the on campus student body. Student chapters may be utilized in a number of ways; the following are a few suggestions:
- Help form continuity in the student body by having the outgoing students welcome new students to the chapter
- Hold fund-raising events to help students who may have a variety of needs, for example: food, clothing, bus fare, childcare expenses, ect. This will build a support system for those individuals not able to attend class regularly due to their evade responsibilities.
- Job Search Workshops for those chapter members preparing to leave school can work with each other in preparing resumes, trading job leads, and sharing interviewing techniques.
- There are also public relation opportunities for the school through their student chapter. IE:The chapter of NAHP may participate in free blood pressure testing, or cholesterol testing, at an area mall. This will provide the school with an opportunity to enhance their community relations.
- National Certification - Credentials are awarded to those individuals who demonstrate their ability to perform the routine clinical and administrative duties in a health care setting.
- Continuing Education Program - Continuing education is an intricate part of maintaining a competent level of education in today's ever changing health care field.